Scholastic Inc. | Communications Manager | New York, NY | October 2016 – Present
Scholastic Inc. | Digital Publicist | New York, NY | April 2016 – October 2016
- Brainstorm and execute creative broadcast, print and digital PR campaigns to promote Scholastic Education division and the overall corporate brand
- Regularly meet with internal teams within Scholastic Education division to gather information, participate in strategic planning and make recommendations for creating short and long-lead media opportunities
- Draft press releases, media alerts, pitches and media lists to secure targeted coverage in a wide range of local and national media outlets
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with reporters, producers and bloggers covering education and related topics
- Support Corporate Communications team in the development and distribution of original research reports reflecting the current landscape of education and literacy in the United States
- Manage corporate social media channels through strategic planning, content development and engagement campaigns such as giveaways and chats
- Actively contribute product/program news and education stories to Scholastic corporate blogs, “On Our Minds” and “edu@scholastic”
- Maintain internal promotional materials on the Scholastic media room and Scholastic Intranet
- Key Projects: Scholastic Education, Scholastic Library Publishing, Scholastic News Kids Press Corps, Scholastic Classroom Magazines
Scholastic Inc. | Publicist | New York, NY | July 2013 – April 2016
- Worked with Corporate Communications team to brainstorm creative ideas for broadcast, print and digital PR campaigns in promotion of Scholastic products, educational programs and the overall corporate brand
- Composed press releases and media pitches, created and maintained targeted media lists, and aggressively pitched key stories to a wide range of media outlets
- Identified, followed and cultivated relationships with reporters and bloggers writing about education, parenting and related topics
- Graduated Scholastic Social Media University; wrote for the corporate blog "On Our Minds" and coordinated promotions through Scholastic Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media tools
- Organized and maintained online press kits and other internal promotional materials
- Met with internal clients within various divisions of Scholastic to gather information, participate in long-term planning, make strategic recommendations for creating media opportunities and arrange interviews
- Notable secured media coverage: Bustle, Language Magazine, Refinery29, The Huffington Post, Salt Lake Magazine, WTOP-FM, KUT-FM NPR Radio, New Hampshire Public Radio, PBS NewsHour, New York 1 News, New Mexico Style, Good Morning Arizona, etc.
- Key Projects: Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, National Student Poets Program, Scholastic Library Publishing, Scholastic News Kids Press Corps, Scholastic Education, Primary Sources: A project of Scholastic and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Eastwick | Account Coordinator | San Francisco, CA | October 2012 – April 2013
- Supported senior staff, coordinated projects and prepared status reports for client accounts: Aggregate Knowledge, EyeVerify, Lynda.com, NetBase, ParAccel, Seagate Technology
- Utilized Sysomos, Traackr, Compete.com and Cision to write pitches, read and compile all client media coverage, identify appropriate trade/business editors for upcoming pitches and track relevant industry news
- Collaborated to handle press event or trade show pitching, scheduling and logistics to ensure event success
- Obtained client coverage in Ad Operations Online, BizReport, Candy Industry, ClickZ, EverythingPR, The Huffington Post, MarketingCharts, MarketingProfs, Silicon Prairie, Silicon Valley Business Journal, etc.
Allison+Partners | Public Relations Intern | San Francisco, CA | July – October 2012
- Supported admin work for client accounts: Best Western, BranchOut, Pearl.com, TiVo, Wholesome Sweeteners
- Pitched stories to media, tracked coverage, conducted research and attended client meetings and professional events such as “Inside the Newsroom: AllThingsD” to gain deeper insight into media relations
- Drafted coverage reports, status reports, meeting agendas, action items, pitches and media lists
- Obtained client coverage in Yuma Sun and American Fitness Magazine; Secured interest from Cuisine at Home, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Parenting OC, Mankato Free Press, The Journal Register, Dr. Oz
GrabCAD | Freelance Blogger | Boston, MA | February – July 2012
- Composed blog posts for the GrabCAD company blog, with an engaged readership of over 137,000 registered CAD (computer-aided design) users and mechanical engineers
Conover Tuttle Pace | Account Services Intern | Boston, MA | January – May 2012
- Supported teams in managment of client accounts: Gulfstream, Breeders’ Cup, EB Horn, Red Sox, Red Bend
- Conducted thorough research for potential client outreach and new business advertising opportunities
- Gained an understanding of advertising via account services tasks such as submitting insertion orders, new project requests, project change requests and creative briefs
L’Oréal | Lancôme Press Office Intern | London, UK | October – December 2011
- Worked in the Lancôme Press Office to monitor and record all Lancôme print/online media coverage in the UK
- Communicated with UK customers and media by managing social media networks, responding to sample requests or product inquires and composing press releases
- Revamped the @LancômeUK Twitter account, including a profile redesign and launch of “All I Want for Christmas is Lancôme” Twitter contest; resulted in the gain of over 500 new Twitter followers
CerconeBrownCompany | Public Relations Intern | Boston, MA | June – September 2011
- Acted as Account Coordinator for four client accounts: J.Jill, Backyard Farms, Kahtoola, Jones & Vining
- Sent samples, composed media lists, hot sheets and news releases and pitched media outlets, resulting in Southern Seasons Magazine and About.com feature coverage
- Managed agency’s SEO via monitoring social media platforms and publishing weekly posts on the company blog
- Gained branding experience as part of the internal marketing team to evaluate and rebrand CerconeBrownCo.
Bedford Gallery | Public Relations Intern | Walnut Creek, CA | May – September 2010
- Assisted artists, managed social media, updated main contacts database and conducted community outreach
- Obtained coverage for Bedford Gallery in Alaska Airlines Magazine and Diablo Magazine
SF Camerawork | Gallery Intern | San Francisco, CA | May – September 2010
- Managed reception desk including daily gallery income, visitation records, membership and gallery maintenance
- Worked with dealers to collect art for annual Benefit Auction and helped organize First Exposures mentoring program
- Serve as member of ANY Mentor Leadership Council focused on enhancing the volunteer experience for New York Mentor Coaches and creating the premier young professional network in New York City.
- Support recruiting efforts, plan social/professional events and help shape the overall strategic direction of the nonprofit.
America Needs You | Mentor Coach | New York, NY | July 2015 – May 2017
- Selected as 2015 Mentor Coach to support the America Needs You mission to fight for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students.
- During the intensive two-year mentoring and training program, attend bi-weekly Saturday workshops and provide personal/professional growth support to one first-generation college student (“Fellow”), helping him/her select, secure and succeed in a future career.
- Attended Saturday workshop as an ANY Career Coach to step in for a Mentor Coach to work with low-income and first-generation college students.
- Throughout the workshop, provided support and insight to help young ANY Fellows realize their career aspirations.